Patient Participation Group
A Patient Participation Group (PPG) is a group of people who are patients of the surgery and want to help it work as well as it can for patients, doctors and staff.
What is a patient participation group?
- Offer patient perspective on services provided by the practice
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of services
- To encourage positive relationship between the patients and all of the practice surgery staff
- To be realistic about what we can achieve and to look for small changes that can make a real difference.
- Help patients to take more responsibility for their health and future needs.
- To work together constructively and positively to help identify solutions and to work in partnership with the practice and other local organisations.
PPG is not:
- A forum for complaints.
- For discussion of personal medical issues.
How Do I join?
Membership shall be open to all patients and staff of the Practice regardless of ethnicity, disability, age or sexual orientation.
If you are interested in helping us to improve, simply complete the online PPG Joiner Form. You must be a registered member of this practice if you wish to join our PPG.
How do PPGs work?
- Building a relationship between the practice and its patients.
- Building a relationship between different patients.
- Breaking down the barriers between the practice and patients and between patients.
- Sharing information.
Advantages for the Patients:
- Patients learn how to become more responsible for their own health
- Patients will have a better understanding about the practice and its staff
- Patients will benefit from improved communication with staff
- Patients will have a forum to suggest positive ideas for change and voice concerns
Advantages for the Practice:
- The practice will be able to plan services jointly with patients
- Get closer to the community for whom they care
- Staff will be able to help patients with non-medical and social care issues
- Staff will be able to get help from patients to meet targets and objectives
- Have a forum to voice ideas and concerns
Patient Group PPG Meetings will be held on quarterly basis. It will aim to be face to face, or via virtual PPG which allows those who cannot attend meetings to still be involved using e-mails where available.
If you are interested in attending then please complete the joiner form and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and your contact details will be passed onto the group. If you are a patient and would like to volunteer to help kindly get in touch.
For more information, please visit the National Association for Patient Participation website – www.napp.org.uk